All donations to the St. Luke’s Ride for Miracles will be used to purchase a piece of equipment for the hospital. The Miracle Riders are currently discussing options, and we will post their decision here at a later date.
Donations to St. Luke’s Children’s Miracle Network are invested in vital equipment, community programs, family services, and family assistance all year long. Every dollar enhances children’s health care and saves lives in Siouxland. Recent equipment investments include:
- over $90,000 for state-of-the-art equipment in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- $26,000 for a new oscillator to treat respiratory failure in newborns and premature babies
- $15,000 for a Vein Viewer in the Emergency Department that ensures 100% accuracy the first time when a child needs to have a needle stick
- $800 for a tracheostomy mannequin set to help families learn how to care for a child at home who needs a trach whether it’s permanently or temporarily
- in addition to many others.
Donations also support important family and community programs such as:
- the annual NICU reunion
- the HEARTS Program for families who suffer the loss of a child or baby
- the free, weekly Baby Weigh Clinic
- the Family Assistance Program which funds resources and equipment that are directly related to an individual child’s medical condition
- many others.